Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dueling Blogs! - Saturday 2/23/2007


So. Last night we went to Noël Alumit's publication party/reading at Skylight Books. What fun!

Hydra, our friend Aesop and I went to dinner first and shared the discussions of film and literature that we look forward to with him. Got to the bookstore about half an hour before the reading to find a standing room only crowd! We snagged the last few chairs they broke out of their secret stash. I couldn't be happier about the obstructed view, since it meant he had such a great turn out!

Please consider attending one of his other two readings in the L.A. area. You won't be disappointed. You won't feel nervous for the author--as is sometimes the case with readings--Noël's more than comfortable in front of an audience. Great reading of really engaging material.

You can catch him at Vroman's in Pasadena on Friday, March 2nd and at Book Soup on Saturday, March 3rd. These are terrific venues. Arrive early so you can get a seat, buy his book, and cruise some other great reads.


Noël warns us he's taking a photo for his blog. The light wasn't great and I had my little Kodak with me.



How much is that author in the window? Noël also talked about how both of his book covers feature naked butts. He wants to make sure his next book features no ass photos.

I've thought about it long and hard since then. I've decided that if they put the rear-view of a naked woman in a cowboy hat on the front of my first book, I won't complain. And when people ask if that's me on the cover--which
Noël assures us, they will--I'll just shrug and smile self-depricatingly and let my fans think what they may.

No comments: