Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh... Yo Yo Doh. - Monday 4/23/2007



It was a blue sky day in the world and in my tiny tiny mind.

I went to lunch with people I work with on CSI: Miami (clearance co-ordinator, script co-ordinator and CBS lawyer). This tradtion was started when the previous clearance co-ordinator and I decided to get together for lunch and even though she's gone now, we've kept it up. It's fun because we all talk or email just about daily but otherwise never see each other.

This kind of tradition is rare, because most shows don't last long enough for them to get started. Sometimes I get to meet my contacts at Christmas or wrap parties, which is fun but also more stressful. [There's a whole long post in me about dressing for this sort of thing...but later.]

We went to La Piazza at The Grove. You'll just have to imagine what a perfectly lovely day it was. I arrived a little early, poked around at Crate & Barrel (where I refrained from buying the dozen or so gadgets and little bowls I fondled), and didn't take a photograph.

We had a two hour lunch during which we talked about the show, censorship, the CSI franchise, Paris, and my novel. I didn't feel like a complete fraud talking about my unsold first novel and the second one that I set aside after about 150 pages to do NaNoWriMo, and my progress on the NaNoWriMo novel. Last week I was so frustrated that I would have. This week, I found I actually had some helpful things to say to the script coordinator when he asked if he could pick my brain for info about novel writing, after lunch.

I had my camera with me and OneL had asked me to get a picture of my co-lunchers since she covers the show when I'm out and the CBS lawyer also handles CSI: New York, which she works on (and CSI Classic as we call it around the office--Weens does that one), but-- Yeah, you got it. I forgot to take a photograph.

So, here's your consolation prize. A shot of the clear blue sky above my driveway. [shrugs] You take what you can get some days.

No comments: