Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Out Write Nice Afternoon - Sunday 4/22/2007


Sunday afternoon I went to Panera in Palmdale for some writing time. I was all satisfied with myself for having helped Hydra clean the house and having found 3 books at Barnes and Noble that I was willing to bring home. Unfortunately, not the new Walter Mosley book This Year You Write Your Novel, which I stood and read parts of in the store. (Not to say that the slim volume is not worth purchasing, I just went elsewhere with my money.)

Meantime, if you write check out the amazing NPR interview with Walter Mosley. It's inspiring and interesting, and he's written 25 books, about half of which I've read and enjoyed. His point of view on writing resonates with me. (Thanks to the Elegant E and Tomasina for recommending it!)

Back to the books for a moment. I picked up two novels (The History of Love by Nicole Krauss and This Book Will Save Your Life by A.M. Homes) so I'll have something to read on the plane on my vacay- vacay- vacation! The cashier enthused about The History of Love, which I'd heard from my writing group was good and didn't want to wait any longer to borrow. I'm enjoying it a lot. Also bought What Would Your Character Do? by Eric Maisel and Ann Maisel. I like writing books and this looks like a fun way to explore characters.

Okay, go ahead. Do it. You know you want to. You want to click on the picture and see what you can read in my notebook. You think I might be writing about you, don't you?

Well, I might be.

But I'm probably thinking about the themes for my novel, which is temporarily titled Basura Canyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I wasn't going to peek until you started that taunting.

Hmph. Not about me at all.