Thursday, April 12, 2007

One Door Down - Tuesday 4/10/2007


But so much further philosophically.

Bob's closes down from 9pm to 6am the second Monday night/Tuesday morning of every month for cleaning. I usually get there between 5:15 and 5:30, so this is not acceptable.

I went next door to Starbucks for my morning writing session. And I didn't take my laptop.

It was kind of freeing. Much as I like being a regular, I have to admit that much of the adventure has gone out of Bob's.

Just a hundred feet from my usual booth at Bob's, my mysterious writing woman persona has been refreshed.

And the people watching is really interesting. The interchanges are quicker here. By the time one guy walked from the glass door to the counter, the barrista was holding his vente drip out at arms length. She swiped the Starbucks card he proffered and he was gone with a mighty "hi-ho..." No, but anyway. It was impressive, if not exactly heartwarming.

I think I may have to go back.

No comments: