Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Let's Hear it for the Boy - Monday 7/16/2007


Yeah. I think he's happy to see me, too. [blushes]



Okay, so I took the photos on Monday, but I'm writing this on Tuesday. On Monday the back, where I usually sit--under the big chandelier in the distance--was blocked off for cleaning. So I sat up front with the big kids.

Ooh, it caused such a ruckus!

The Russian Muskateers each stopped to comment, along with JudyJudy, and the night manager on her way out.

This morning I sat up there again, even though there was no barrier to my usual spot. Only 1 Muskateer commented this time. Just to spice it up I ordered a BLT.

Rebel, rebel...

Anyway, Big Boy and I had it out. I told him it was me, not him, and I meant it. I had a great writing day on Sunday. Wrote from 6am-10am, really working an old short story and having a blast.

I think part of my recent creative struggle--which included a weird resistance to Bob's Big Boy--has been that I was focusing so hard on the Basura Canyon (novel #2's tentative title) rewrite that I was trying to shut down all the other voices in my head.

They got mad. Those creative voices, if you tick them off, they'll rally the voices you do want to hear from and then they'll all go on strike.

I've had three really wonderful writing days in a row. I'm not worrying about the fact that it's been a short story and not the novel.

"If it be now, ’t is not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all." - Hamlet, Act V, Scene 2, William Shakespeare.

No comments: