Sunday, November 18, 2007

Out of the Fray - Saturday 11/17/2007


Not thinking much about the strike today. Though they do have a plan now for the WGA and the AMPTP to meet on November 26th to restart negotiations.

Went for a short hike around our neighborhood for the first time since my surgery. Followed this raven with my lens.




Time for these little guys to settle down for the night. They were all a-twitter.

What a day. Just my kind of day. Woke up before dawn and wrote by candle light. I'd forgotten what a great thing that was for me when I was working on my 1820s character. It occurred to me that there won't be a lot of unnatural light in the novel I'm working on now.

So I lit a candle and decided to see what my villain (after today I almost hate to call him that) might have to say. I thought I'd get inside everyone's head but his, and leave him a mystery. But once I gave him the slightest invitation, he stepped out of the dark and boy, does he have a lot to offer the story.

I guess it takes a lot of writing and thinking to get to the point where the characters start showing me things. Kind of like acting, where you have to learn the lines and really own them before you spark to the character’s perspective and motivations.

It’s interesting to know that others are doing NaNoWriMo right now, and to reflect on how good it was for me. They're on a heroic journey. I’ll always know I started this novel on November 1st, 2006.


Cool Thing: a video clip of Morgan Freeman as Easy Reader on The Electric Company that I dug up for an online friend who didn't know he was on that. Oh yeah. So hip. Not so much a singer though.

No comments: