Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Don't Know Scat - Saturday 7/19/2008


There have been mountain lion sightings in Acton this summer. One even took a goat from a place about a mile and a half away, as the crow flies.

We thought maybe this was mountain lion scat, but it's not. When we got home and looked it up online, we found out that real cougar scat looks like this.

Oh! We saw that all over the ridges around our neighborhood. Seriously!

Still not sure what this is. It's disturbingly large and full of juniper berries. Like bear scat, kind of. Hmm. There are bears way over on the other side of the valley, but I can't imagine one wandering all the way over here. It's very exposed.




I don't know exactly what this is, either. Maybe it had something to do with surveying the area? It looks like they mounded dirt up an poured the concrete into the bowl to make this base.


We've decided that the best place to eat is usually at our house. We went to a restaurant that was well-reviewed online yesterday and it wasn't as good as these chicken sausages and onions I cooked up for lunch.


Let's see... What goes with that?

What do I have in the fridge? Persian cucumbers. There's a ripe tomato on the patio, and basil growing on the front porch and, hmm, the plumbs I picked from the branch of the neighbor's tree that hangs into our yard.

My instincts are getting better. This was amazing together, dressed with my favorite taragon white wine vinegar and the wonderful olive oil Tomasina gave me for Christmas.

Plumbs and fresh basil. So good. I'm going to try more pairings of fruit and herbs.

No comments: