Saturday, February 21, 2009

Opiate of the Masses - Saturday 2/21/2009


Hmm. Funny that I've been letting my suspicions show about TV lately and then I used it as the opiate that it is.

My friend Diver started me calling negative thoughts "neglies" way back in high school.

This morning the neglies, they were tap dancing on my head. It was 1 a.m. and one was clicking out, "You haven't accomplished what you'd hoped you would by now," while another ticked out a counterpoint of "you are always busy, but you are just spinning your wheels."

Tappity tappity. No sleeping through that.

I got up and splashed cold water on my face, drank a glass of it, and climbed back into bed. The dancing didn't stop, though.

So Hydra suggested we watch some TV. I probably would have gone for whatever was on Turner Classic Movies, but come to think of it a 30s musical probably wasn't the best idea. We watched a couple of episodes of Inside the Actors Studio. Nice of him to get up with me, huh?

Thanks, James.

No comments: