Friday, February 27, 2009

#7 Lapsang Sushong from T Tea in the L.A. Farmer's Market

This is a distinctively smokey tea. It reminds me of a campfire.

Apparently this and Russian Caravan were originally created by accident as black tea was carried over the mountains from China to Russia on the backs of camels. When the drivers stopped for the night and made fires, the smoke worked its way into the burlap bags the tea was transported in!

This is a nice one, to my taste. I may try to make tea eggs with it…you infuse boiled eggs with this tea. I’ve had sandwiches made with smokey tea eggs and they were marvelous.

Ooh, and I’m showing off my new tea infuser from Starbucks. I bought it so I could watch flowering teas unfurl, but I haven’t tried it yet.

The little lid that sits on top of the infuser basket while the tea is steeping can be used to sit the basket on when you pull it out of the water. Very nice for carrying tea with you to your workspace or porch!

No comments: