Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Flea Market Cinderella - Sunday 4/1/2007



As I walked up, I heard this girl say, "I' m a little overwhelmed

Her mother and sisters were telling her how good she looked. Doesn't it fit well!? Her sister was taking a photo of her. She was laughing and talking, astonishment in her tones

I said, "Can I take your picture too?"

"Sure-- With my shirt on and everything?"

"Yeah, you look great."

I don't think she'd ever seen herself like this before.

As I walked away, I heard her say, "I don't even have a date!"

"Oh, you will have!" the vendor said.

I hope so!

2 comments:

the last noel said...

oh, she looks lovely. I bet she won't know how great she looked until decades later. Ho-hum.

The Moon Topples said...

This is almost too sweet. It was great that you made her feel even more special.

Usually, when I approach a stranger and offer to phtograph them, they have the exact same response:

"With my shirt on and everything?"