Friday, April 06, 2007

Pre-Peepapalooza Excitment Abounds - Thursday 4/5/2007

Momalisa brought in cute plastic bunnies stuffed with mini-M&Ms and Peeps sucker-rigns for each of us! She's been off sweets for lent, but that doesn't stop her from spreading the joy.

My friend TorontoM started Peepapolooza years ago, when she worked side by side with the rest of us, before moving to the new office in Toronto. It involves capturing unsuspecting Peeps, gathering coworkers and ritualistically microwaving the Peeps into utter sugary submission.

Seriously, you have not lived until you've consumed a hot Peep.

I will be posting the results of our own Peepapolooza sometime after we actually do it on Monday. Until then, if you want to experience it for yourself, here are instructions. (I like that "How to clean a microwave" is a related link on this page!)

Dude! When I went looking, I discovered Peep Jousting on Wikipedia. This truly twisted event must be added to Monday's event schedule!

5 comments:

The Moon Topples said...

We are planning a peep jousting tournament for Monday at work. Wish me luck!

Sundry said...

Best of luck, sir knight. Don't forget to gird your loins. (I understand this to be a Medieval equivalent of "break a leg.")

The Moon Topples said...

Oh, Sundry, I girded them years ago. There was a special offer at the local girdery.

And so you see I cannot fail!

Liz Dwyer said...

I've never eaten a peep. I don't know why but I'm a little afraid of them. My mom says she remembers trying to get me to eat one when I was little and I threw a fit and cried. Peep jousting sounds much less terrifying than actually eating those little suckers!

Sundry said...

Never eaten a peep?! Yeah, well, you're not really missing much. I was never much of a fan until I discovered microwaving them. One warning: they get scarier before they get more benign.