Thursday, April 05, 2007

Photography Publication!

Somehow, it seems appropriate that I not post a photograph to accompany this announcement that some of my photos have been published.

I'm working on a book project with Gia which involves me being the photographer, and I thought I'd try to generate some credits to put into the book proposal.

Well, shoot. I sent out three submissions and two of them were accepted! (One hasn't responded yet.) That was way less painful and time-consuming than sending out short stories.

They aren't paying gigs, but as those of you who write short fiction, etc., know it's not all about the paycheck.

The first ones were in the March 17th issue of The Country Journal , a local newspaper that printed shots I took of the fire behind our house. And now the online journal, The Houston Literary Review has published a handful, too!

Now to pursue actually getting someone to pay me for something so I can write off my new DSLR!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations! And is that a picture of you at the Houston Literary Review? For some reason, I've always imagined you with really short, cropped close to your head, hair. Maybe that was how it was when we first started writing? I wonder how we get these images fixed in our heads...

Shu-Ju

The Moon Topples said...

Congrats, Sundry. You take a nice shot, and it's nice to see people taking notice.

Liz Dwyer said...

That's FANTASTIC and very much deserved! Great news!