Monday, April 02, 2007

Griffith Park on Fire - Friday 3/30/2007




Jeez! First behind my house. Now behind where I work!

Not that I'm the center of the universe, but if someone's trying to tell me something, I'm listening.

The fires was brought under control, but there was an amazing amount of smoke and our electricity at work flickered several times.

Meanwhile, Griffith Park is under threat of development. I can't begin to say how much this upsets me. When Hydra and I first came here from Indiana, we lived near Griffith Park and it was a life-saver for me. Having grown up in a rural area, this access to hiking trails, trees, etc was critical for me. We went to the Griffith Observatory often, and always took visitors there for a free and fabulous view of the city and a walk around the historic and filmicly interesting grounds.
Smoke invading the sky.

This park needs to be defended. If you go to the Save Griffith Park website you will find out what various organizations are doing and how you can help. You can also get a free bumper sticker!


No comments: