Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Juleps Anyone? - Sunday 6/24/2007




After I made another batch of peach freezer jam and put another couple of bags of peaches in the freezer, I squeezed the juice from the skins and added it to the juice I'd collected a couple of days ago.


What to do with it? While I pondered this, I got online and found a recipe for mint syrup. (I liked this one because it didn't call for Karo syrup. I used about 21 8-inch long stems of mint to pack the cup.) Went out and gathered mint from the slope behind the house, and made up a batch.
Still wondering what the heck to do with it.


Eureka! You can stir a couple of tablespoons into the fresh peach juice. Wow. Damn. That is some good stuff. Can hardly wait for next year when I can hopefully do that again.
Guess I need to figure out a julep recipe for the rest of the syrup, most of which I froze. Any recipes for said juleps would be much appreciated. Also, any further suggestions for using the syrup would be most welcome.

And I ask you, what is a person to do when the neighbors plums flirt with her so shamelessly? There's a whole plum-laden branch bending languidly over the fence at the top of our slope.

I think it winked at me!

No comments: