Sunday, August 19, 2007

You Get Extra Points - Saturday 8/18/2007


...if you can spot the coyote in this photograph. I didn't have my camera set for the highest resolution, or I might have been able to crop this more.

This year we've seen a lot more of the coyotes that live in our hills. Don't know if this is because they are coming nearer for water or because so much brush has burnt away that we're able to spot them easier. They really blend in well.

There were actually two of them scuttling across the hills, looking back to see if we were following them.


Our shadows. Almost as fascinating as shiny things!


We worked up a good appetite and went to our favorite sushi bar for lunch. Mmmm. Albacore, salmon. Tiger roll. Good.

2 comments:

fingerstothebone said...

Amazing creatures. (I like them, but they're hard on the other small critters around here.) We have them in our neighborhood too, but they seem more gray and white to me. I've only seen them at night, in the car's headlight, so it's probably hard to tell the colors.

Liz Dwyer said...

I always see them running across the Griffith Park golf course. Poor things, their homes have been burned up or built on.