Monday, October 29, 2007

Bath Day! - Sunday 10/28/2007


The approach. Beak into the water. Then one foot will go in. For some reason he won't bathe in the wide horse-feed tub we bought, but will use a mug full of water in the center. (Makes for some interesting moments when we get water out to drink every now and then...)


Foot dip!



Winged Victory keeps clean.


The open-winged dip.



Can you see the water flying in front of him?

Yeah, that's what it's like around my house lately. The big excitement is watching Dodger take a bath! He gets water all over the place. Then when the level drops below about two inches he says, "Water?" until it's refilled.

Cool thing for me is, I have these holes in my stomach, so no one asks me to bend over and wipe up the floor when Dodger's done.

As an update...getting more energy, feeling less pain. Running out of Vicodin, but that's okay. The incisions cause little creepy pulls in my tummy when I stand up--which I am doing more and more--and I even took a short walk outside today.

1 comment:

Liz Dwyer said...

So cute! Your bird is totally into it. Glad you're getting more energy and feeling better. I've never had major surgery so I can't even imagine what it's like.