Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sand Castle - Thursday 11/1/2007


My cousin, Bells, sent this cute sand castle from the Florida Keys, along with a get well card! What a nice surprise.

Thanks, Bells! It's been so wonderful e-mailing back and forth. We must keep this up!

The photo is a little puzzling. I was experimenting with some black velvet I bought to create a backdrop with.

Felt good enough to venture into Palmdale for some errands, building up energy again and all that, and got a great deal on the velvet. The only thing we could find on the racks at the fabric store was $19.99 a yard. I was about to give up and buy some faux suede when I saw this velvet on the cutting table. It was only $4.00 a yard. More like it!

But now I wonder if I should have sprung for the more expensive cloth...this has a sheen on it in direct sunlight. I got this tip from Malc by way of FrannieGirl on 43Things, as a way to photograph flowers in natural light. But the cloth is a bit reflective.

Maybe not such a good deal after all??

No comments: