Wednesday, December 26, 2007

An Avian Christmas Eve - Sunday 12/24/2007


I have had this pie bird for years and finally used it!

It's an old-fashioned tool to vent the steam from the crust (which this didn't really need, because there is a hole in the crust that is kind of gaping.)

I made this from an apple pie kit that Dana's boss and his wife gave us for Christmas. Forgot to even try to make a decorative edging on the crust, but I did cut little leaves out of extra dough and put those on.







Okay, sad to say, although Dodger had vowed to remain uncute on the Internet for the duration of the WGA strike, he couldn't help himself. He committed this random act of cuteness and I...well, I accidentally videotaped it. And then I tripped while carrying my laptop, and it ended up on YouTube. Sorry, WGA.

His original YouTube appearance, not being cute in response to the video Sorry, Internet, has been viewed 1,339 times since it was posted three weeks ago!

4 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

How cool! I've never seen a pie bird before. That's really neat.

I've done little leaves before with my mom. It was hard but fun.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Sundry said...

Liz - We did have a great Christmas. Have to get blogging on that. Does Ba'hai have any type of celebration around this time of year?

fingerstothebone said...

Yes, I was thinking that I would just have my water room temperature, if I ever visit you! Glad to hear that Sanitatino Services had already considered that!

Sundry said...

If you'd feel safer, we could buy bagged ice!