Saturday, December 29, 2007

Toot! Toot! - Friday 12/28/2007


Yes, that's the familiar "toot" of my own horn you're hearing.

I wasn't sure if this was actually going to happen this year, but I received my contributor's copies of Weber: the Contemporary West in the mail yesterday!

Yes, you read that right. Contributor's copies! My personal essay "It Ain't Las Vegas," about life, nature and development in my area, and four or five of my photographs appear in the Fall 2007 (24:1) issue. You can get a copy through their submission page. I think they lag by about 1 issue in putting the content online, which makes sense.

This is a really nice way to end the year.

I decided to start sending out my photos at the beginning of 2007 and I placed them in 4 of the 5 publications I sent them to (Agua Dulce/Acton Country Journal, The Houston Literary Review, Raving Dove, and now Weber.)

It feels just wonderful to end the year with some credits under my belt!

And I thought Wednesday was a frabjous day!

5 comments:

fingerstothebone said...

Toot! Toot! Congratulations! I went to their submissions page and couldn't find where I could get a copy?

Sundry said...

Fingers- Thanks! You can order a single copy though their subscriptions page at http://weberstudies.weber.edu/subscribe.htm

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Liz Dwyer said...

This is FANTASTIC news! Congratulations to you. I'm so impressed!

Sundry said...

Kathyr & Liz -

Thank you very much! I'm pretty thrilled, still. It's a nice looking journal, and I've been enjoying reading the other essays, poetry and fiction there.