Friday, December 28, 2007

O Frabjous Day! - Wednesday 12/26/2007


Callooh! Callay! She chortled in her joy.

One of the happy outcomes of my gallbladder surgery earlier this year is that I can now drink coffee again whenever I want!

I will never throw over my beloved teas, but it's wonderful to be able to say "yes!" when Hydra asks if I'd like a cuppa joe, java, mud, devil's brew.

I mean, coffee houses have been an important part of my life since I first found The Blue Mountain Coffee Company in Fort Wayne, IN during my first year of college. Hydra and I started sharing a table and the rest is history. I even worked there for four years. Coffee houses and diners are my second home, anywhere in the world.

As perfect as a pot of tea is as a writing companion, it's just wrong to sink a Hershey's Mint Truffle Kiss into an estate grown Assam or a winey Keemun.

But it is damn fine in Starbuck's Christmas Blend.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Awww... You and Hydra sharing a table at a coffeehouse is so dreamy. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, there are some things that just shout for a cuppa to go with it! So glad you can indulge again
K

Anonymous said...

I remember the Blue Mountain so well! I felt quite the 'hippie' when I went there...Loved it. I am quite sure I wore bell bottoms and a hemp choker as I sat there listening to my first-ever boyfriend play the guitar..sigh.. I am back in Ft Wayne now and work so near the Landing (YOU know the 'Landing'). I have such fond memories of the Blue Mountain, thank you for putting them back in my head!
Deb

Sundry said...

Oh neat! When were you hanging around the Mountain? I was there from about 1979-84 either as a customer or a server. Used to go to Mother's and The Pickle on the Landing.

Hydra was the manager of the FW Performing Arts Center for about 5 years, which is how we met. We lived in West Central (corner of College and Wayne and later on Jackson Street near Wayne) and walked to work.

My nephew now plays guitar from time to time at the Munchie Emporium which was there when we lived there, too. Good breakfast, as I recall, but we always thought it was a Blue Mt. wannabe. ;)