Monday, March 17, 2008

How Green Was My Valley - Sunday 3/16/2008


All good things must come to an end. We packed up our stuff, had coffee with our friends, said our good-byes several times, and headed home.

I do the site reservations for our group, working with the camp manager, who is wonderful. I've been doing it for a couple of years and it's gotten easier and easier. A couple of guys from the club take care of other duties while we're at the campground, so it's not all on me.

Although it's always fun, for some reason this weekend was absolutely fabulous and relaxing. One of the best.

I always take too many books and notebooks and plan to get some reading, writing or critiquing done. I knew enough to leave my laptop at home this time. As usual, my brain just melted into the pleasure of walking back and forth across the live oak shaded campground, catching up with friends and joining in on harmonies, and I didn't accomplish much other than remembering how to be a content little human.

This valley on either side of the 126 stretches from Ventura to Valencia. The ordered rows in this shot are orange groves.



Flowers! These yellow ones remind me of mustard from back home. There are purple lupines in between at some points.

Today was Dodger's 15th hatchday! I forgot to do a birthday portrait.

He had a pretty great weekend, I think.

Here he is on Friday afternoon, enjoying the morning light from under the awning on our trailer.

No comments: