Sunday, December 24, 2006

Three Squashes and a Pomegranate - Saturday 12/23/2006


What can I say? I am endlessly fascinated with food.

Each of these squashes had cooking instruction stickers on them, and they were just 88 cents a pound at Food 4 Less. All pretty much the same recipe: cut in half, lay cut side down in a pan of water, and bake for a varying amount of time in a 350 degree oven. I hope they will taste a little different from each other.

The dilemma: try them all during the week, or save them and serve them as part of our vegetarian New Year's Eve dinner, for comparison sampling??

The pomegranate is there for moral support and color-interest. Pomegranates: you burn about as many calories picking the juicy bits out as you take in by eating them.

1 comment:

Liz Dwyer said...

My friend Maisha and I cooked dinner on Christmas Eve and these were on the menu. Of course, we also spiked them with a bit of maple syrup and nutmeg. I put maple syrup and paprika on a few and liked that combo as well.

I love food too!