Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Now I Can Remember the Alamo - Sunday 1/27/2008



The obligatory shot of the front of the church at the Alamo. No one I know is in this photograph.



What's cool here is that you can see the chisel marks in the stone. Someone made these. Probably in the late 1720s.


A Spaniard wore these spurs. If I were a horse I would be ready to move all the time.



An arbor off to the side of the church building. Those are peeled cedar beams above. Joe and Jax's bed is made of the same thing...though less worn.


The garden behind the Alamo.

From what I gather, on the day of the big battle it was considerably less peaceful here.



The Crockett Hotel. I didn't know it when I took the photograph, but this hotel stands where "Davy Crockett defended the southeast palisade of the Alamo...in 1836." And presumably, also where he died.

We thought it would be nice to make as much money off his name as possible.



I love this bas relief that's on a bridge over the San Antonio River Walk.



Bottles in the window of Joe & Jax's computer room back home. We have windows like this in common.

3 comments:

the last noel said...

Hey, these are Nationa Geographic quality.

mcglinch said...

Enjoyed your San Antone/Hill Country photos this week. We're headed down there in April to visit my bro and rock the NCAA Final Four! You've whet my appetite.

Sundry said...

Should be a nice time of year for it! There's a lot around there to explore.