Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Money Is No Object - Tuesday 11/14/2006


The lovely, thoughtful American in Toronto sent this breast cancer awareness commemorative Canadian quarter to me to give to Gia about six months ago. Last night I finally had my wallet open during our writing group meeting, and I remembered to give the quarter to Gia. It was still wrapped in AiT's note.

If you are thinking about making a small considerate gesture, go ahead and do it. Thank people. Acknowledge good behavior and good service. Let the friend of a friend know that it matters that she is alive.

Your positive action may just ripple through our world in ways we can't begin to imagine.

2 comments:

the last noel said...

First, what a great picture. Second, I have been the recipient of kindness from people who don't know me...and I will never know. That's true for all of us.

Anonymous said...

thoughtful, helpful words...we need to hear them!