Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hanging Up the Bracelet - Monday 2/25/2008


I'm saying the strike is really over for me today, since it's the beginning of my first full week back at work.

I spent the weekend assessing how I deported myself during my 3 months of relative freedom.

What I didn't do:

-Completely clean and reorganize my writing studio
-Learn to play the guitar
-Sign up for a yoga class
-Make as much progress as I would have liked on my novel
-Keep the whole house tidy
-Become perfect

What I did do:

-Wrote almost every day
-Explored L.A. and L.A. County
-Visited my brother in Texas
-Networked with other writers
-Started a new blog of service to writers
-Took a lot of photos
-Cleaned a few drawers and cupboards out
-Unclenched
-Substituted as a writing teacher and took a once-a-week job teaching writing at the same place
-Spent almost too much time online some days
-Did some research for myself
-Worked a little more to help my friend find an agent
-Appreciated my time and freedom


I very much enjoyed my extra free time, but I am also glad to be earning a full paycheck again, you bet! And some things were set in motion that will play out over the coming months.

Thanks to The American for the idea for this photo!

No comments: